For COVID-related Information and Vaccination Requirements, please view the Return to Campus Task Force page.
Hudson County Community College (HCCC) is an award-winning, comprehensive, urban college
serving one of the most historic and ethnically diverse areas of the United States.
HCCC students were born in 119 countries and speak 29 different languages. In 2019,
the President’s Advisory Council on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (PACDEI) was
instituted to develop new levels of understanding and access and advance the College’s
commitment to transparency and inclusion.
HCCC has three campuses located just minutes from Manhattan: The Journal Square campus
in Jersey City, North Hudson Campus in Union City, and the Secaucus Center. Fully
accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the College offers
courses and classes in a wide variety of disciplines to the people and businesses
of Hudson County. In 2019, the College joined Achieving the Dream, a network of high-achieving
community colleges, as part of its expanding effort toward continuous improvement
in student success. The College’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion has
been recognized with the 2021 Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) Northeast
Regional Equity Award; the “INSIGHT Into Diversity” 2021 and 2022 Higher Education
Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award.
HCCC has partnerships with every major four-year college and university in the greater
New Jersey-New York area and beyond, accommodating seamless transfer of credits. Hudson
County Community College invites applications from those wishing to join a community
dedicated to promoting student success in all forms.
Salary Grade: 117
The Advancement Operations Manager plays a crucial role in supporting the operational
and administrative functions of the Advancement Office. The Advancement Operations
Manager oversees the Salesforce database, gift processing, donor acknowledgments,
and other operational tasks that contribute to the overall success of fundraising
and donor relations efforts; and provides high-level administrative support to the
Vice President for Advancement and Communications in efforts to advance the strategic
fundraising priorities of the organization. This position plays a key role in donor
and prospect management and works closely with the development team in coordinating
outreach activities. The Advancement Operation Manager schedules committee meetings,
prepares meeting materials, coordinates travel arrangements, executes other general
office responsibilities, and works under broad general instructions. Must work with
some degree of independence and on own initiative, and exercise absolute discretion
and confidentiality at all times.
- Database Management: Maintain and update the Salesforce database, ensuring accurate
and comprehensive records of donor information, gifts, and interactions. Build and
- Gift Processing: Process and record donations, ensuring accuracy and timely acknowledgment
of gifts to donors.
- Reporting and Analytics: Generate regular reports and data analysis on fundraising
activities, donor trends, and campaign performance.
- Donor Acknowledgement: Coordinate and execute timely and personalized donor acknowledgments,
including thank-you letters, tax receipts, and other forms of recognition.
- Prospect Research: Assist with prospect research activities, gathering information
on potential donors, assessing wealth and affinity indicators to support fundraising
- Operations Support: Provide administrative support to the Vice President for Advancement
- Data Integrity and Compliance: Ensure data integrity by conducting regular data hygiene
and quality checks and adhering to data protection and privacy regulations.
- Administrative Support: Maintain appointments for the Vice President; plan and schedule
donor, board, and committee meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel. Ensure
timely communications with donors and prospects in securing meetings for the Vice
President. Manage internal and external project deadlines for the Vice President and
provide appropriate reminders. Ensure the Vice President is equipped with all necessary
materials for internal and external meetings and provide post-meeting support and
follow-up. Prepare, organize, and circulate memos, monthly reports, yearly calendars,
and other internal documents originating from the office of the Vice President. Follow
up on contacts made by the Vice President to support ongoing and prospective donor
relationships. Provide administrative support for events and special projects, as
- Training and Support: Train and support team members on the effective use of the donor
database, ensuring proper data entry and utilization of the system.
- Continuous Improvement: Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging trends
in advancement operations, suggesting process improvements and implementing streamlined
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including the ability to create
compelling slide decks.
- Manage competing projects and deadlines with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exhibit a cheerful outlook and display commitment, tact, transparency, and diplomacy
regarding interaction with others.
- Possess superb interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
- Demonstrate a high degree of initiative and ability to work independently with a thoughtful
approach to problem-solving.
- Exhibit sound judgment.
- Exercise absolute discretion and confidentiality at all times.
- Proficient in generating reports, conducting data analysis, and presenting insights
to inform decision-making.
- Familiarity with fundraising and donor relations principles, practices, and ethical
- Proficiency with donor databases and CRM systems: Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, and knowledge
of database management principles.
- Authentic appreciation for Hudson County Community College’s mission.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of advancement experience is required.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to resumesFREEHUDSONCOUNTYCOMMUNITYCOLLEGE. Cover letters with salary expectations included will be prioritized.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence
in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
HCCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to
ensuring a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment. Decisions on employment
are made on the basis of the qualifications of an individual for the particular position
being filled. Women, veterans, and minorities are encouraged to apply.