For COVID-related Information and Vaccination Requirements, please view the Return to Campus Task Force page.
Hudson County Community College (HCCC) is an award-winning, comprehensive urban college
serving one of the most historic and ethnically diverse areas of the United States.
HCCC students were born in 119 countries and speak 29 different languages. The diversity
and the multitude of our community’s cultures, life experiences, skills and aspirations,
are the very values and traits that empower us to be productive and caring members
of our society.
HCCC embodies an unwavering commitment to student success and an intentional focus
on diversity, equity, and inclusion. In 2019, the President’s Advisory Council on
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (PACDEI) was instituted to develop new levels of understanding
and access and advance the College’s commitment to transparency and inclusion. We
are proud of the differences we share, which are the foundation for the life changing
and transformational education we offer and the social mobility we provide to the
communities we serve.
HCCC has three campuses located just minutes from Manhattan: the Journal Square campus
in Jersey City and North Hudson Campus in Union City are adjacent to vital transportation
hubs; the Secaucus Center has abundant parking. Fully accredited by the Middle States
Commission on Higher Education, the College offers courses and classes in a wide variety
of disciplines to the people and businesses of Hudson County, one of the most ethnically
diverse areas of the United States. The College was recently recognized with the 2021
Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) Northeast Regional Equity Award,
and the 2021 INSIGHT Into Diversity’s Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award. In 2016 the Gabert Library
was one of three academic libraries in the United States to receive the Excellence
in Academic Libraries Award from the Association of College and Research Libraries
(ACRL), and in 2019 the HCCC Tutoring Center received the Frank L. Christ Outstanding
Learning Center Award for Two-Year Institutions. In 2019, the College joined Achieving
the Dream, a network of high achieving community colleges, part of its expanding effort
toward continuous improvement in student success.
HCCC has partnerships with every major four-year college and university in the greater
New Jersey-New York area and beyond, accommodating seamless transfer of credits for
further undergraduate and graduate education. Hudson County Community College is proud
of its culture of care and invites applications from those wishing to join a community
dedicated to promoting student success in all forms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Note: These examples are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work
performed in positions allocated to this class. The omission of specific statements
of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related,
or a logical assignment to the position.)
- This person will support the President of the College first and foremost in leading
writing efforts on select projects and closely collaborate with other subject matter
- Collaborate with SMEs to write copy for external-facing brochures and branded collateral
for commemorative opportunities.
- Manage documented timelines/project plans to include: SME interviews, creation of
content, alignment of existing messaging, coordination with the design team, facilitation
of review and approval cycles, and finalization of end documents.
- Research external market/competitor data to ensure our collateral differentiates us
- Edit nonmarketing material as needed for grammar, messaging, and flow.
- Create in conjunction with the Vice President for Advancement and Communications,
a yearly integrated marketing plan with metrics that aligns with the strategic needs
and branding of the College. The plan will address both external and internal communications
needs and will aim to enhance the College’s reputation, presence and name recognition.
- Partner with Enrollment Management for the development and implementation of marketing
assets to assist in achieving its funnel goals; collaborate with the vice presidents
and staff in the respective units to develop appropriate budgets aligned with needs.
- Direct the College’s brand architecture and visual identity to ensure a unified brand
presence across all campus communications, marketing channels and platforms; ensure
messaging and branding are impactful, accurate and timely and speak with a consistent
- Coordinate yearly digital marketing with external vendors and augment digital marketing
- Create and implement integrated marketing plans for the College’s high-profile events.
- Oversee the creation and production of video assets, including organizing film shoots
with external vendors; oversee storyboarding, script development, logistics and editing.
- Draft, collaborate, and/or advise on high-level College communications and issues
management projects. May prepare and write and/or design executive-level informative
materials, statements, briefings, presentations, scripts, speeches, releases and other
communications necessary to assist the President as well as other senior executives.
- Generate gainful media coverage both paid and earned; lead staff in maintaining strong
relationships with journalists and outlets relevant to the College; audit media trends
to keep abreast of the education sector as well as “hot button” issues.
- Assist the Vice President for Advancement and Communications to build and maintain
collaborative relationships with external partners to amplify the impact of outreach
- Assess the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and campaigns using key performance
indicators and metrics, regularly reporting to the VP for Advancement and Communications
to help make data-informed recommendations and decisions; adjust strategies and tactics
- Engage with the Vice President for Advancement and Communications in a pattern of
professional development activities to build continual awareness of best practices
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field; master’s degree
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years of increasingly responsible marketing and communications experience;
direct experience in higher education a plus.
- Must be an exceptional writer and editor.
- Understanding of and direct experience in philanthropy is a plus.
- Strong organizational, project management and analytic skills and demonstrated ability
to handle multiple projects under varying deadlines.
- Demonstrable and substantial experience in developing and executing multichannel marketing
campaigns that achieved goals.
- Highly effective communicator with ability to deliver creative content to diverse
audiences; experience as a spokesperson a plus.
- Experience optimizing content for websites, social media, landing pages and advertisements.
- Specialized media knowledge and experience across channels, with a strong emphasis
on digital and media relations.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to work effectively with diverse internal
and external populations.
- Hands-on experience in successfully creating and executing video content.
- Successful supervisory experience in leading and managing staff in order to collaboratively
- Demonstrated experience in using metrics to inform decision-making.
- Proven budgeting experience and planning; experience in working with vendors and managing
- Availability to travel and work outside of standard office hours when necessary.
- High level of integrity, sound judgment and trustworthiness.
- Any combination of acceptable education and experience, which has provided the necessary
knowledge and skills to fulfill the requirements of this position, may be considered.
Hudson County Community College (HCCC) serves more than 18,000 credit and non-credit
students annually. The College offers nearly 80 degree and certificate programs, including
award-winning English as a Second Language, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering,
and Mathematics), Culinary Arts/Hospitality Management, Nursing, and Health Sciences,
and Fine and Performing Arts. The HCCC Culinary/Hospitality Management program was
ranked number six in the U.S. by Best Choice Schools. Over 94% of HCCC Nursing program
graduates passed the NCLEX the first time out, placing the program's graduates in
the top tier of two- and four-year nursing programs nationwide.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to foundationFREEHUDSONCOUNTYCOMMUNITYCOLLEGE.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence
in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
HCCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to
ensuring a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment. Decisions on employment
are made on the basis of the qualifications of an individual for the particular position
being filled. Women, veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.