International Students


Welcome! Bienvenidos! Yokoso! Swaagat! Willkommen! Whatever your native language, we extend a hearty welcome to you, and invite you to join us at Hudson County Community College! 

Hudson County is one of the most vibrant and ethnically diverse areas of the United States (more than 90 different nationalities!) Our student body reflects this rich ethnic mix, with substantial communities of individuals of African, Argentine, Asian, Arab, Colombian, Cuban, Dominican, Egyptian, Filipino, Indian, Irish, Italian, Jewish, Polish, and Puerto Rican descent (to name but a few!). Proudly, the College is host to international students representing more than 20 countries!

By following these steps, you’ll be on your way to achieving your goals as an HCCC International Student.

Apply to HCCC

You have several choices. The fastest way is to apply online. You can also download a form in Spanish. If you download a form, print it out, and send it or drop it off to the Enrollment Services office.

Note: You will also need to pay a non-refundable $25 fee.

Dates and Deadlines

We accept applications on a rolling basis, but you should apply as early as possible for the semester you wish to join.

  • Find dates in our Enrollment Guide.
  • International Application Deadlines
    • Fall: June 1st
    • Spring: October 1st

After You Apply

You will receive a welcome email with more information from your assigned HCCC Admissions Advisor. Until then, you can start preparing for your next steps before taking classes.

The College offers Associate degree programs for F-1 international students, and we provide English as a Second Language and Academic Foundations courses for students who may need to strengthen their skills before starting their degree program studies.

The HCCC Office of International Student Services provides advice and assistance to non-immigrant F-1 students. However, we do not provide assistance with processing Change of Status to F-1 Visas.

Begin the process by contacting our International Student Representative, Sabrina Bullock, at or call 201-360-4136. 

The state of New Jersey requires that we ask all students who are enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or more) to provide proof of measles, mumps, rubella, and hepatitis B immunizations. All new students, regardless if they are full-time or part-time, must provide proof of meningococcal meningitis immunization, unless they are exempt. Students can provide evidence that they are exempt because of the following reasons:

  • Medical reasons (such as pregnancy or immunity): Show a physician's statement or official record.
  • Religious reasons: Show a statement from an official of the religious organization.
  • Anyone born before January 1, 1957: Still must provide proof of hepatitis B immunization. 

We accept the following as evidence of immunization:

  • An official school immunization record.
  • A record from any public health department or physician.

Download and Fill Out Our Immunization Record Form.

Click here when you're ready to register for clases. 

Being at HCCC

Applying for college is about more than filling out forms. Start imagining yourself here.
Our Focus On You
Discover how an HCCC degree fits into your life, boosts your social mobility and takes you places.
Get Excited for Your Orientation
For International Student Orientation information, contact International Student Representative, Sabrina Bullock, at or call 201-360-4136.


Contact Information

HCCC Enrollment Services
70 Sip Avenue - First Floor
Jersey City, NJ 07306
(201) 714-7200 or text (201) 509-4222

You can also turn to these departments for specific questions: