Year Round Pell Grants

The Federal Pell Grant Program that allows an eligible student to receive up to 150 percent of the student’s Federal Pell Grant Scheduled Award for an award year.


Eligibility Requirements:

  • Student must be otherwise eligible for receive Pell Grants fund for the payment period
  • Student must be enrolled at least half time in the payment period(s) (6 credit hours) during the summer term
  • Student must be maintaining satisfactory academic progress
  • To be eligible for the additional Pell Grant, a student must be enrolled at least half-time and begin the classes that support that enrollment status
  • Financial Aid office must recalculate a student’s Pell Grant award if he does not begin attendance in enough classes to support his enrollment status used to calculate his Pell Grant

Applying for Financial Aid


How much money can I get?

 The amount you get, though, will depend on:

  • your Expected Family Contribution,
  • the cost of attendance (determined by your school for your specific program),
  • your status as a full-time or part-time student, and
  • your plans to attend school for a full academic year or less.


Transfer Students

A student who transfers into a different academic program or to a different institution may receive additional Pell Grant funds if the students is otherwise eligible and has remaining Pell eligibility up to 150 percent of the student’s Pell Grant Scheduled Award for the new program or new institution and is enrolled at least half-time in the payment period for which the student received the additional Pell funds. Enrolled coursework for the semester must be required for the student’s academic program in order to qualify for aid.

* Pell Grant Scheduled Award is the amount that a full-time student would receive under the Pell Grant Payment Schedule, for a full academic year based on the student’s EFC and COA.

** The additional Pell Grant award cannot exceed 50% of a student’s Pell Grant Scheduled Award.

Please note that you can receive the Federal Pell Grant for no more than 12 terms or the equivalent (roughly six years). You’ll receive a notice if you’re getting close to your limit. If you have any questions, contact your financial aid office.


Contact Information

Financial Aid Office
Phone: (201) 360-4200 / (201) 360-4214
Text: (201) 744-2767