What is the Holz Technik Apprenticeship Program?
It is an earn while you learn model (have a job and attend college at the same time).
Apprentices are hired by Eastern Millwork and attend Hudson County Community College
for instruction one day a week. At the end of four years, apprentices will earn an
A.A.S. in Advanced Manufacturing and at the end of five years, earn a Bachelor’s degree
and have a salary of $70,000 with no college debt. From there, they can continue to
climb the career ladder.
Program Overview: Recruitment and Application Process
- Holz Technik Apprenticeship program is a 4-year Associate’s degree program leading
to an A.A.S. in Advanced Manufacturing.
- Up to four apprentices will be hired per year.
- Primary recruitment: Hudson County high school seniors.
- Graduating seniors interested in participating, will complete a brief application
- Students will be assessed (Stage 2) to determine their mechanical aptitude, literacy
level and skills for the position.
- Those who are a fit for the program will be asked to participate in a Pre-Employment
program (Stage 3) in March.
Program Overview: Pre-Employment Program and Key Dates
- The Pre-Employment program is an opportunity for students (prospective apprentices)
to learn more about the apprenticeship by spending time at Eastern Millwork and HCCC.
- At the end of the Pre-Employment program in March, Eastern Millwork will make employment
offers for a July 1, 2020 start date.
- Apprentices will begin their college education in July, 2020 with a College Student
Success course at HCCC. In addition, apprentices will also enroll in a woodworking
class located at Hudson County Schools of Technology Secaucus campus.
- Beginning in August, apprentices will work at Eastern Millwork three days per week
and attend classes at HCCC one day per week, beginning with the Fall 2020 semester,
and attend Pittsburg State University classes remotely at Eastern Millwork.
Program Overview: Eastern Millwork Work Schedule, Career Path and Benefits
- Eastern Millwork will provide a starting salary of $24,500 for apprentices.
- Other benefits will include: free tuition; health insurance benefits with 100% of
premium paid by Eastern Millwork; participation in the 401K retirement and profit-sharing
plan, and get paid holidays and vacation.
- Apprentices will work at Eastern Millwork three days per week.
- Apprentices will receive regular salary increases based on skills acquired during
the five year apprenticeship.
- At the end of the five years, salary will be $70,000, and apprentice will be an Engineer
at Eastern Millwork.
- There are several career tracks for Engineers at Eastern Millwork, with additional
School of Continuing Education and Workforce Development
161 Newkirk Street, Suite E504
Jersey City, NJ 07306