Hudson Is Home (HIH) Employee Recognition Program
The Office of Human Resources is pleased to propose the launch of an annual award
and recognition program for all employees – Hudson Is Home Employee Recognition Program.
Submit nominations via this link November 1 through 30th.
- Nomination period: November 1 through November 30 for the 2020-21 Academic Year. All nominations will
be submitted via an online form.
- Committee review: A committee (TBD) will meet the first week of December to select award recipients.
- HIH Awards Celebration: An in-person celebration to announce and honor recipients will be planned for the
second week of December (Tentatively Wednesday, December 8th, 2021, at 2pm).
- HIH Inspirational Leadership Award: recognizes an outstanding full or part-time employee(s) who inspires other members
of the HCCC community to perform at a high level, provides guidance and assistance
to the college community; shares talents, creativity, and special skills in ways that
connect departments to one another, to the campus, or to the community at large; improves
the climate or morale of the college; and volunteers on campus, in the community,
at the college, or beyond.
- HIH Diversity Award: recognizes an outstanding full or part-time employee(s) either as individuals or as
formalized internal college groups such as campus committees or councils. Displays
consistent interest in and active support of diversity, equity, and inclusion; seeks
and promotes interaction with and between groups with differing ideologies, cultures,
socioeconomic status, and other affiliation. Utilizes available resources in ways
which include diversity and all aspects of the HCCC community.
- HIH Innovation Award: recognizes an outstanding full or part-time employee(s) who uses or develops new
processes, approaches, or technologies to demonstrate outstanding creativity in addressing
challenges that are linked to HCCC’s mission and reputation, and/or allow HCCC to
operate more efficiently and effectively; enhances the quality of work-life in ways
that make a significant difference for colleagues or students through their development
of creative solutions to problems that result in significantly more effective and
efficient department or college technology operations.
- HIH Newbie Award: recognizes an outstanding full or part-time staff employee(s) who has been working
at HCCC for no less than six (6) months and no more than two (2) years in their current
title. This staff member will be recognized for his/her ability to adjust to the new
work environment while demonstrating outstanding enthusiasm and a high level of energy;
displays initiative and self-motivation; demonstrates effective collegial interactions
when facing new or difficult tasks; and contributes innovative and useful ideas and
shares them with others in and around the college community.
- HIH Collaboration and Team Achievement Award: recognizes superior performance by one or more HCCC office, department, committee,
team, working group, unit or division in support of enhancing the College’s mission,
strategic plan, DEI plan, action plans, and priorities; collaboration and partnership
with other offices and divisions, and units across the College; and promotes outstanding
service and consistently engages in projects that are timely and within budget while
promoting a productive, safe, and healthy work environment overall; and displays outstanding
leadership qualities through collaboration and partnerships.
- HIH Outstanding Faculty Award: recognizes an outstanding full or part-time faculty member, or Lecturer (or team of
faculty members) who inspires our students and other members of the HCCC community
to perform at a high level, provides guidance and assistance to the college community;
shares talents, creativity, and special skills in ways that connect departments to
one another, to the campus, or to the community at large; improves the climate or
morale of the college; and volunteers on campus, community, or beyond.
- HIH Annual Employee Spotlight Award: recognizes employees or teams who are admired for courage, outstanding achievements,
or noble qualities, promoting HCCC’s mission and value. This award will be selected
from the employees spotlighted in the preceding year and includes all full-time and
part-time staff, faculty, and administration.
Recognition – Employees selected for each HIH Award will receive:
- A certificate of recognition.
- An announcement in the Happenings Newsletter.
- An announcement displayed on the College’s digital screens.
- A photo with the President at the HIH Awards Celebration.
70 Sip Avenue - 3rd Floor
Jersey City, NJ 07306